Senior Officer IT
Senior Officer Information Technology
Role at MRDI: Technical and support
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: IT system of MRDI
Purpose: To ensure proper functioning of the internet system, digital hardware and software devices and operations and maintenance of total computer system of MRDI including its central server.
Main functions of the post:
- Leadership: Take quick decision in resolving system hazards and suggest the management in establishing and maintaining a robust digital system.
- Keep MRDI official website updated through uploading latest contents, publications and announcement.
- Develop online training courses, manage open data sources.
- Monitor daily TV news recording and upload to MRDI’s Microsoft Cloud Server.
- Take the main technical role in automation of MRDI’s systems.
- Provide technical support to the procurement committee in purchasing and hiring IT related devices
- Provide troubleshoot support to all MRDI computer users.
- Respond to internal communications by staff to resolve their computer problems.
- Communicate with relevant external agencies for software updating.
- Organizational: Contribute to organizational growth and branding by achieving digital excellence.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Excellent skills in operating and maintaining computer systems.
- Skilled in taking quick decisions.
- Capable of communicating in both Bangla and English.
- Well informed about global digital progress.