Senior Accounts Officer
Role at MRDI: Support and technical
Reporting to: Manager Accounts
Responsible for: Accounts staff (As and when in place)
Purpose: Proper maintenance of MRDI’s books of accounts in full compliance with the law of the land and organizational provisions.
Main functions of the post:
- Maintain books of accounts covering all transactions of the organization in a responsible manner.
- Preserve bills, vouchers, banking transaction and other documents in soft and print formats as applicable.
- Assist the Manager Accounts in preparing documents for auditing of accounts and facing the auditor with evidence and justification.
- Provide all necessary support to the Manager Accounts.
- Remain updated with digital techniques and accounting software and apply those as required.
- Assist Manager Accounts in automation and updating of accounting system.
- Communicate with audit firms when assigned.
- Keep in contact with banks for transaction purposes as required.
- Contribute to organizational development by taking part in resource mobilization activities.
- Contribute to preparing the annual report by providing the audit report.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority including deputation to different project/s.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge and skills on financial management of development programmes and projects.
- Advanced skills in maintaining books of account
- Skills on updated accounting software.
- Able to communicate both in Bangla and English.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.