Role at MRDI: Supervisory
Reporting to: Head of Programmes and Capacity Building
Responsible for: Senior Programme Officer(s), project staff
Purpose: To ensure that projects and programmes are implemented according to plan and results monitored against set KPIs to meet the strategic objectives.
Main functions of the post:
- Leadership: Guide the project staff and programme team in preparing work plan, implementing and reporting activities according to Programme Plan.
- Oversee and ensure timely implementation of project and programme activities.
- Ensure that all the monthly/quarterly/annual/end of project reports are prepared and delivered on time.
- Provide all necessary support to the Head of Programmes and Capacity Building.
- Contribute to writing new project proposals.
- Share technical knowledge and skills with team members.
- Communication: Keep in close contact with media, support the Head of Programmes and Capacity Building in maintaining internal and external communications.
- Contribute to organizational development activities as guided by the Head of Programmes and Capacity Building.
- Coordinate the work of the annual report writing team and support the team leader in publishing the report.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge on development concepts including programme management and supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of the media sector in Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of capacity building and training methodologies.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong proposal writing skills.