Role at MRDI: Supervisory
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Finance team of the organization and project accounts staff
Purpose: To ensure that the funds of MRDI and its projects are properly forecast, budgeted, expended and reported in accordance with plan to meet financial requirement of the organization and its projects.
Main functions of the post:
- Leadership: Guide the organization in all financial planning and operations including budget preparation, budget analysis and fund flow analysis as advised by the Head of Operations.
- Manage funds of MRDI’s projects and programmes in compliance with the organization’s Financial and Administrative Manual and the law of the land as applicable.
- Present financial reports to the executive director for placing before the board and contracting authorities.
- Ensure that all the monthly/quarterly/annual/end of project financial reports are prepared and delivered on time.
- Provide all necessary support to the Head of Operations.
- Prepare annual budget of the organization in collaboration with manager accounts.
- Comply with statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements in financial operations.
- Review NGOAB formats (FD6, FD2, FC1) for approval together with the Manager Programme & Manager Accounts.
- Liaise with banks and other financial institutes and operations of accounts.
- Make regular contact with the finance focal of donor agency regarding financial matters including fund disbursement, budget revision (if any), financial report etc.
- Maintain internal communications to apprise the Executive Director about fund flow, budget forecast, trend of income and expenditure through the Head of Operations. Also share the organization’s financial situation with programme and other team members, if needed.
- Contribute to organizational development by taking part in resource mobilization activities.
- Contribute to preparing the annual report by writing financial management part.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority including deputation to different project/s
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge and skills on financial management of development programmes and projects.
- Skills to guide and supervise finance staff.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.