Role at MRDI: Supervisory
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Finance staff of projects and programmes
Purpose: To ensure that the funds of MRDI’s projects and programmes are properly forecast, budgeted, expended and reported in accordance with plan to meet financial requirement of implementing projects and programmes.
Main functions of the post:
- Leadership: Guide the finance staff in all financial planning and operations including budget preparation, budget analysis, fund flow analysis and all kinds of payment as instructed by the Head of Operations.
- Manage funds of MRDI’s projects and programmes in compliance with the organization’s Financial and Administrative Manual.
- Present financial reports to the board and contracting authorities.
- Ensure that all the monthly/quarterly/annual/end of project financial reports are prepared and delivered on time.
- Provide all necessary support to the Head of Operations.
- Prepare the budget part of new project proposals.
- Comply with statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements in financial operations
- Prepare final Accounts for External Auditing & organizing the external audit
- Comply with NGOAB provisions and instructions.
- Liaise with banks and other financial institutes and operations of accounts.
- Communicate with NGO Affairs Bureau for fund clearance, budget revision and other purposes.
- Make regular contact with the finance focal of donor agency regarding financial matters including fund disbursement, budget revision (if any), financial report etc.
- Maintain internal communications to apprise the Executive Director about fund flow, budget forecast, trend of income and expenditure through the Head of Operations. (S)he will also share the organization’s financial situation with programme and other team members, if needed.
- Contribute to organizational development by taking part in resource mobilization activities.
- Contribute preparing the annual report by writing financial management part.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge and skills on financial management of development programmes and projects.
- Skills to guide and supervise finance staff.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.