Role at MRDI: Supervisory
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Senior Accounts Officer
Purpose: To ensure that MRDI’s books of accounts are maintained properly in full compliance with the law of the land and organizational provisions.
Main functions of the post:
- Take responsibility of maintaining accurate accounts of income and expenditure covering all transactions of the organization. Guide the Senior Accounts Officer in discharging his / her responsibilities.
- Take lead in automation of MRDI’s accounting system and link it with programme, store, procurement, HR and administrative management.
- Supervise preservation of bills, vouchers, banking transaction and other documents in soft and print formats as applicable.
- Prepare required documents for auditing of accounts and face the auditor with evidence and justification. Prepare management responses against audit findings.
- Coordinate with the Manager Finance for settling matters relating finance and accounts.
- Provide all necessary support to the Head of Operations.
- Share digital techniques and updated accounting software with team members.
- Communicate with audit firms when needed.
- Keep in contact with banks for transaction purposes.
- Contribute to organizational development by taking part in resource mobilization activities.
- Contribute to preparing the annual report by providing the audit report.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge and skills on financial management of development programmes and projects.
- Advanced skills in maintaining books of account
- Skills on updated accounting software.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.