Role at MRDI: Supervisory
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Senior Accounts Officer and project accounts staff
Purpose: To ensure that MRDI’s books of accounts are maintained properly in full compliance with the organization’s financial and administrative manual law of the land as applicable.
Main functions of the post:
- Take responsibility of maintaining accounts of income and expenditure covering all transactions of the organization and its projects. Guide the Senior Accounts Officer/s in discharging their responsibilities.
- Supervise preservation of bills, vouchers, banking transaction, procurement and other documents in soft and print formats as applicable.
- Prepare required documents for auditing of accounts and face the auditor with evidence and justification. Prepare management responses against audit findings.
- Coordinate with the Manager Finance for settling matters relating finance and accounts.
- Provide all necessary support to the Head of Operations.
- Prepare final Accounts for External Auditing & organizing the external audit.
- Guide responsible person/s to prepare the budget part of new project proposals.
- Support Manager Finance in preparing annual budget.
- Prepare NGOAB formats (FD6, FD2, FC1) for approval together with the Manager Programme.
- Communicate with audit firms appointed by the board when needed.
- Communicate with NGO Affairs Bureau for fund clearance, budget revision and other purposes.
- Maintain liaison with banks in operation with MRDI to ensure better service and support.
- Contribute to organizational development by taking part in resource mobilization activities.
- Contribute to preparing the annual report by providing the audit report.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority including deputation to different project/s.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- Updated knowledge and skills on financial management of development programmes and projects.
- Advanced skills in maintaining books of account
- Skills on updated accounting software.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.