Head of Capacity Building and IJ Help Desk
Head of Capacity Building and IJ Helpdesk
Role at MRDI: Strategic
Reporting to: Executive Director
Responsible for: All Project/Programme Managers/Coordinators and Programme Officers
Member of the MRDI Management Team
Purpose: To ensure that MRDI attains excellence in developing capacity of its staff and beneficiaries to produce the positive outcomes.
Main functions of the post:
- Leadership: Ensure that the capacity building programmes are effectively implemented through training, mentorship, fellowship and support of the IJ Helpdesk.
- Ensure that all capacity building programmes are designed and implemented according to the plan and reports are produced on time.
- Keep the IJ Helpdesk operative and provide support to journalists in producing high quality IJ stories..
- Provide necessary support to the MEAL team for continuous tracking of result and assessing impact of programmes.
- Provide tips to journalists interested in producing investigative stories.
- Guide content development teams and oversee implementation of training and other capacity development programmes
- Communication: Keep in close contact with media, academic partners and government agencies as a member of MRDI Management Team.
- Policy: Ensure that all programme related policies are updated as necessary.
- Organizational: Contribute to the wider organizational development as directed by the Executive Director.
- Others: Any other responsibility as and when assigned by the authority.
Key Technical knowledge and skills required:
- A strong commitment to MRDI’s vision, mission and values.
- In-depth knowledge of the media sector in Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of capacity building approaches.
- Proficiency in both Bangla and English.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.